Sunday, April 17, 2011

Catching Up

[8:27:33 AM] Katie Symington: goooood morning!
[8:29:08 AM] Troy Symington: Whatcha mean by "morning"! It's 5:30 over here!
[8:29:14 AM] Katie Symington: hee
[8:29:27 AM] Katie Symington: Well it is 8:30 here, and I just woke up. :)
[8:29:43 AM] Troy Symington: Ha. What are you up to today?
[8:30:10 AM] Katie Symington: First I will eat a yummy chocolate waffle
[8:30:38 AM] Troy Symington: Oooh La La!
[8:30:55 AM] Katie Symington: Exactly. Then I will probably call my Thank You Rewards help assistance to figure out how to use my thank you points for my flight to Kauai.
[8:31:07 AM] Katie Symington: Using those points, it totally knocks off like 200 bucks! :)
[8:31:17 AM] Katie Symington: Then I will call Andra and we will book our flights. YAY!
[8:31:46 AM] Troy Symington: Awesome! So you did decide to go after all!
[8:32:26 AM] Katie Symington: Yep! It will be expensive but it is also a great deal and will be worth it, and I probably won't ever have a chance to do this again with Andra.
[8:32:59 AM] Troy Symington: Did Nick decide to go with you?
[8:33:57 AM] Katie Symington: Nope, he is going to stay here because there isn't enough room at the resort, unfortunately. It will be more of a girl trip. ..Then Aubrey turns 3 years old so Nick and I will pick up a present and go to the Rich's bbq at 3:00 where he can meet everybody for the first time. Poor boy. ;)
[8:35:22 AM] Troy Symington: Aubrey turns 3 today?
[8:35:40 AM] Katie Symington: In two days actually, but her celebration is today.
[8:35:55 AM] Troy Symington: Awesome! Tell everyone hi for me!
[8:36:09 AM] Katie Symington: I totally will! What shall I tell them you are up to?
[8:36:49 AM] Troy Symington: Awesomeness!
[8:37:28 AM] Katie Symington: ...otherwise known as . . . ?
[8:37:42 AM] Troy Symington: Italian stuff...
[8:37:46 AM] Troy Symington: ?
[8:38:24 AM] Katie Symington: DUDE. Speak.
[8:39:50 AM] Troy Symington: Today I'm just being lazy and have been writing a song on Garageband all day.
[8:40:03 AM] Katie Symington: And tomorrow?
[8:40:45 AM] Katie Symington: Mom always says on these chats that I talk more than you. It is your turn. You tell me all about what you are up to, and I will comment. Capice?
[8:42:47 AM] Troy Symington: Just so ya know, capisce is the conjugated form of the verb capire but it's the form for he/she/it. You want to say "capisci" for "you understand".
[8:43:01 AM] Katie Symington: Okay, thank you. CAPISCI?
[8:43:34 AM] Troy Symington: NO!
[8:44:06 AM] Katie Symington: I will let Oz pee on your bed!
[8:45:04 AM] Troy Symington: And you'll have to clean it up before I get home!
[8:45:18 AM] Katie Symington: Nope. It will be left for you as a welcome home present.
[8:45:26 AM] Katie Symington: OR you could tell me what you've been up to! :D
[8:45:57 AM] Troy Symington: *sigh* ... fine.
[8:46:11 AM] Katie Symington: speaky speak
[8:48:17 AM] Troy Symington: Yesterday Alec and I went to Siena for the day. We didn't spend too long there but we saw everything that we're supposed to see. It's a pretty cool city. Today I seriously have not left the apartment. Tomorrow I have school from 9:30 until 4 and then I'm probably just gonna wander the city aimlessly and see some of the remaining things that I need to see! It's so weird that we only have like 2 weeks left!
[8:48:56 AM] Katie Symington: It has gone by very quickly but I will be glad when you are home. I miss you buddy!
[8:49:03 AM] Katie Symington: Tell me about the food you've had.
[8:49:07 AM] Troy Symington: Ha, I miss you too!
[8:49:18 AM] Troy Symington: Food from where?
[8:50:15 AM] Troy Symington: P.S. You're making my computer run slower so I can't get anything done on Garageband because it keeps stopping because the song is too complicated.
[8:50:41 AM] Katie Symington: pooooooor boy. suffer!
[8:51:07 AM] Katie Symington: food from everywhere! What was for dinner? Lunch? Breakfast? What is your favorite? What do you not like? How often do you get the coffees?
[8:53:14 AM] Troy Symington: I dunno, this last week or so I've just been cooking stuff here at home or eating cheaply. I finally had some Italian Mexican food a few days back! The nachos were really good...
[8:53:35 AM] Katie Symington: how were they different from American-Mexican?
[8:55:58 AM] Troy Symington: They weren't really. But the Italians do not eat very much mexican food at all, and they DO NOT eat spicy food. It's nearly impossible to find the ingredients in the stores. Gabe got some tortillas to make fajitas last week, and they were THE WORST tortillas I have ever had the displeasure of tasting!
[8:56:28 AM] Katie Symington: oh no! ....what made them gross? I had tortillas last night, they were yummy!
[8:59:53 AM] Troy Symington: They... were on the verge of not being able to be called tortiallas. But I dunno, the problem is they were the only tortiallas that we've actually seen available to buy in stores!
[9:00:23 AM] Katie Symington: poor boy. Now tell me more about the coffee you have had!
[9:02:17 AM] Troy Symington: A lot of the time I just make instant coffee here at the apartment. But when I do actually get it from a bar (cafe) I'll either get expresso, a cappuccino, or a cafe latte. They're always really good no matter what bar I get them from, but they're always really small cups!
[9:02:45 AM] Katie Symington: I know espresso is supposed to be small, but the others are too? Lame! Is it as good as the cafe con leche de Costa Rica?
[9:04:33 AM] Troy Symington: Yeah, the cappuccinos and cafe lattes are actually kinda similar to that, but yeah, always really small cups. Expresso is litterally one small gulp and you're done.
[9:05:09 AM] Katie Symington: are they expensive?
[9:05:34 AM] Troy Symington: 1 euro for an expresso. A tid bit more for the others.
[9:06:25 AM] Katie Symington: Yum! Now please tell me about Siena. What did you do? What was your fave? You know that's where my old supervisor Aimee loves in Italy, and she named her daughter Siena.
[9:09:44 AM] Troy Symington: Weeeeell, we wen't into the Siena Duomo. It wasn't particularly big but it was really intricate and had some really cool art. Then we climed up the Mangia tower which was in the main squarea and had an AMAZING veiw of the city. The rest of our time was just exploring and enjoying the city!
[9:10:32 AM] Katie Symington: They must have towers and duomos everywhere! Will you miss them when you are back home?
[9:11:36 AM] Troy Symington: Ha, probably not. I'm kinda churched and museumed out.
[9:12:23 AM] Katie Symington: lol you will be like, "GIVE ME HAMBURGERS!" and sit on the couch and veg and ignore all culture things!
[9:13:32 AM] Troy Symington: Yes. That sound soooo awesome.
[9:14:40 AM] Katie Symington: Well enjoy them for me, and where are the pics of your recent Siena trip? I want to see culture Troy! You hardly put any photos up anymore, remember that nice camera you received for xmas? You should use it lots more!
[9:17:47 AM] Troy Symington: Have you not checked fb for a couple of days? I finally posted the switzerland pics and the cinque terre pics. Besides, Siena was only yesterday! I can procrastinate a little bit longer!
[9:18:11 AM] Katie Symington: Nope! It must be done soon! I think I saw the others, they were beautiful. :) Didn't I comment?
[9:18:35 AM] Troy Symington: Ummmmm.... no?
[9:18:48 AM] Katie Symington: I shall check later. Tell me more! MORE! mwahahahahaha!
[9:19:03 AM] Katie Symington: Tell me how you and your friends are getting along. Tired of sharing an apartment with them?
[9:20:10 AM] Troy Symington: Ha, not really. I think we all get along prett well, actually! Last night we all just hung out around the apartment (there may have been some alcohol involved), and it was really fun!
[9:20:38 AM] Katie Symington: Excellente! What kind of alcohol?
[9:21:54 AM] Troy Symington: Lots of wine and limoncello!
[9:22:12 AM] Katie Symington: lol Andra has limoncello, she says it is super sweet
[9:22:30 AM] Katie Symington: Poor boy will come back to American and have nooooo drinking for two years
[9:24:25 AM] Troy Symington: yeah, it's ridiculously sweet. A lot of restaraunts serve it for free after meals here because it's supposed to help indigestion. (Plus it's made on the Amalfi coast a few hours from here).
[9:24:44 AM] Katie Symington: How is school going? Finals coming up soon?
[9:25:33 AM] Katie Symington: lol I didn't know it was supposed to help indigestion! cute.
[9:27:02 AM] Troy Symington: Yup! Yeah, we have finals after this week unfortuanately. I'm not worried about it in any of my classes except for History, which is the only class I have a B in. But it's like 88% right now so I'm remaining optimistic.
[9:27:31 AM] Katie Symington: I shall as well! However I would suggest studying a lot to try and inch it up 2% if possible.
[9:27:39 AM] Katie Symington: Great job on having A's in your others, though!
[9:27:53 AM] Katie Symington: Is it easier in Italian class not being able to speak English now that you've had lots of practice?
[9:29:18 AM] Troy Symington: I think so. I'm definitely getting used to the only speaking italian thing while in class.
[9:29:38 AM] Katie Symington: Can you understand Italian better than you speak it? Or are they the same?
[9:30:06 AM] Troy Symington: Eh. I really don't know.
[9:30:23 AM] Katie Symington: When the teacher speaks do you understand it all?
[9:31:14 AM] Troy Symington: Of course! But she restricts here vocabulary to things that we'll actually know.
[9:31:46 AM] Katie Symington: I see. I think it is so cool that you are becomin proficient in another language.
[9:34:21 AM] Troy Symington: Ha, me to. I really wan't to take Italian 3 next year just so that I will be able to say that I speak another language.
[9:35:02 AM] Katie Symington: You should take it. I had 4 years of Spanish plus 1 college semester of Spanish 3 . . . and I barely remember any of it now. Keep using it or you really do lose it.
[9:35:15 AM] Katie Symington: You shoudl write a song in Italian.
[9:35:53 AM] Troy Symington: Ha, ok sounds good.
[9:36:29 AM] Troy Symington: I really like the song that I'm writing right now. It's pretty weird. But I'm having problems getting this one verse to sound the way I want it to.
[9:37:00 AM] Katie Symington: How is it weird?
[9:37:38 AM] Troy Symington: I'd have to show it to you. Maybe I'll post it online or something.
[9:37:57 AM] Katie Symington: yes, do!
[9:38:03 AM] Katie Symington: how though?
[9:39:48 AM] Troy Symington: Youtube is a wonderful thing...
[9:40:00 AM] Katie Symington: Oh, great idea!
[9:40:14 AM] Katie Symington: What do you think about the sailing trip to Barbados mom wants us to go on?
[9:40:41 AM] Troy Symington: I'm not sure when I go back to school that January. Other than that I think it's awesome!
[9:41:08 AM] Katie Symington: I do too.
[9:42:00 AM] Katie Symington: I just looked up Sierra, they start the 23rd of january. You could go without any troubles.
[9:42:15 AM] Troy Symington: Sweeeeeeet!
[9:42:21 AM] Katie Symington: yep!
[9:45:47 AM] Troy Symington: M'kay, I'm going to go now. I'm really into this song... say high to everyone for me at the party! Love ya!
[9:46:01 AM] Katie Symington: I love you too! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment